The Consumers are advised to approach the appropriate Officers of the Licensee (including KSEB) for redressing their grievances initially. If the complaint is not rectified in time to their satisfaction they may approach the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) . The List of CGRF with address and phone numbers are furnished separately. The definition and meanings of the Terms such as Consumer, Complaint, Defects in Service etc are furnished in FAQ. The consumers are advised to understand these concepts before proceeding further.
The procedure for making complaints to the CGRF are explained below.
1. Complaints to the Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum (CGRF) has to be submitted in FORM A . A sample form has been furnished else where. The address should be clear and complete with Pin Code. It is advisable to furnish the Phone Numbers of the complainant
2. The Declaration given in the form is also to be signed.
3. Stamp paper or revenue/judicial stamps are not necessary. No fees are to be paid.
4. The nature of relief sought should be clearly stated. Copies of all the relevant documents should be attached.
5. The complaint can be directly submitted or sent by Post/Courier.
6. On receipt of the Complaint the Forum shall call for remarks/counter statement of the Licensee on the matter. The licensee shall furnish para-wise comments on the grievance within fifteen(15) days of intimation from the Forum, failing which the Forum shall proceed on the basis of the material available on record
7. The forum may call for hearing on the matter and visit the site if necessary. The Forum shall notify in writing the parties of the date of hearing of the grievance, giving sufficient advance notice.
8. The consumer need not necessarily engage Advocates to argue the case. They themselves can appear or nominate any person to present the case. If any body is engaged for presenting the case the Nomination form should be filled up and submitted to the Forum.
9. The decision of the Forum shall be recorded in writing and communicated to the complainant and the licensee for compliance within a period of sixty days from the date of admission.
10. The Forum can pass such interim orders, pending final disposal of the case, as may appear to it to be necessary and just in the interest of justice
11. On completion of the proceedings, if the Forum is satisfied that any of the allegations contained in the complaint is true, it shall issue an order to the licensee directing it:
(a) to redress the grievance of the complainant; and
(b) to pay such amount as may be awarded as costs to the consumer.
12. A certified copy of every order rendered by the Forum shall be delivered to the
13. If the Complainant is not satisfied with the order made by the CGRF he may submit appeal / representation against such order to the Ombudsman, within a period of thirty days from the date of receipt of the order.